Best 5 Gallon For My Plans?

Noahsfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm finally going to make the move and upgrade my shrimp tank. The 2.5 has worked fine, just want a bit more room for the scape. I might also add a few small fish like Cpds or MAYBE even a betta if I can find the perfect one. So I'm looking for a tank that is easy to build a scape in, and is also on the cheap side....I won't be needing a filter or heater, but if it came with a light/hood that would be nice.

Really, a filter with fish?? Forgive my sarcastic humor...anyways I'm liking the fluval spec v, I'll go find some reviews on that..

Noahsfish said:
I'm finally going to make the move and upgrade my shrimp tank. The 2.5 has worked fine, just want a bit more room for the scape. I might also add a few small fish like Cpds or MAYBE even a betta if I can find the perfect one. So I'm looking for a tank that is easy to build a scape in, and is also on the cheap side..********..I won't be needing a filter or heater, but if it came with a light/hood that would be nice. **************

I was just reading what you wrote!  lol
6 dollar shipping on that, what a steal!!

You're completely right, the way I phrased it it sounded as if I didn't want one. What I meant was that I have a heater that's suitable for the 5, and I'll be using the sponge filter currently in the 2.5.

Not sure how to post a link on an iPad, but I found a tank on amazon that's sort of what I'm looking for, just a bare 5 gallon. If you look up "Aquarium tank, Glass, 5-1/2 gal" on amazon it should bring you to a plain tank for 22$. Unless the way the fluval is built is easier for making a nice scape then I might just go with this..

haha not sure they are easier, they are certainly higher priced!!   they are more easy to look at for sure!

I bought my wife a Fluval Spec V for her betta, also has some shrimp in there too, they are a little pricey but the long narrow shape makes for a nice large viewing surface, its also nice they the filter is hidden. We were able to fit our heater inside the filter compartment so it all looks very clean. We've only had it running for a short time so I can't vouch for reliability but we've enjoyed it so far.

go to pet smart.  they have a 10 gallon marineland with bio filter for 41 bucks.  grab the $10 dollar coupon at the front in their coupon book.  I usually just walk up to the register and ask them for the coupon book.  they always say no problem.  the coupon is 10 dollars off any marineland 10 gallon or more. it has led light with blue light and comes with net filter heater, food, its a great set up for only a few bucks water cleaner and a few more things.  the led light filter and heater and net alone are worth 30 bucks easily

its like getting the tank for free. plus youll get 10 gallon instead of 5... twice as big

Walmart has them REALLY cheap. Or you could make one with supplies from your home depot.

Thats a good idea kevin, i'll keep that in mind if i'm looking for a replacement for my 10 gallon.  I already have my hands full atm with two 10 gallons two 20 gallons a 30 gallon and a 3 gallon
blink.png

LOL im jealous i would like one of those, I think I am going to grab the marineland 6g pillar next though.  Let me know how you like that thing though, from the unboxing and onward!  I have been so interested in that tank for a while it looks pretty neat plus good stock lighting

Most reactions

Back