Belmont

Oldspartan

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Belmont Stakes is in my town this weekend. It is a big deal. We hooked our camper to utilities and have it rented Thursday through Sunday gor big bucks.

We used a good chunk of the money to reserve a table for 6 at the track. I really like the track which normally runs from late July though Labor Day. I limit myself to going twice each year though. This is a bonus.

Weird question, in the US are all horse racing tracks ovals? I live near Epsom Downs in the UK and ride over there myself (although not on the racecourse haha). The Derby happened last week and is a huge event over here.

Weird question, in the US are all horse racing tracks ovals? I live near Epsom Downs in the UK and ride over there myself (although not on the racecourse haha). The Derby happened last week and is a huge event over here.
I believe they are.

The Belmont is the third race of the Triple Crown. Normally run at the Belmont on Long Island. For the next two years it will be here in Saratoga due to renovations at Belmont Park. Saratoga is generally considered the cream of NY State racetracks and hosts several of the top stakes races in America each August, The Travers and The Whitney being the top two.

The city has revved up a four-day festival beginning today, the actual race is Saturday. The area is crazy with curious tourists and racing fans. It will be a fun weekend although the congestion has already become a bit tedious.

I believe they are.

The Belmont is the third race of the Triple Crown. Normally run at the Belmont on Long Island. For the next two years it will be here in Saratoga due to renovations at Belmont Park. Saratoga is generally considered the cream of NY State racetracks and hosts several of the top stakes races in America each August, The Travers and The Whitney being the top two.

The city has revved up a four-day festival beginning today, the actual race is Saturday. The area is crazy with curious tourists and racing fans. It will be a fun weekend although the congestion has already become a bit tedious.
I find it strange that the tracks are all ovals, as far as I'm aware in the UK ours aren't like that but I'm happy to be proved wrong! I'm not a huge fan of racing even though I ride, but can appreciate the atmosphere etc.

Belmont Stakes is in my town this weekend. It is a big deal. We hooked our camper to utilities and have it rented Thursday through Sunday gor big bucks.

We used a good chunk of the money to reserve a table for 6 at the track. I really like the track which normally runs from late July though Labor Day. I limit myself to going twice each year though. This is a bonus.
When I attended Skidmore I stayed in Saratoga during the summers. One August drizzly afternoon my friends and I decided to go to the track. We figured since the weather wasn’t particularly nice, that Skidmore’s president wouldn’t be using his box seats that afternoon. We were enjoying ourselves smoking large cigars and drinking beer when all of a sudden, who should show up but President Palamountain with his wife and another couple. The usher said, should I kick these boys out sir? President Palamountain was very gracious, and invited us to remain for a few minutes. We sat and chatted and then left embarrassed, but with some of our dignity.

Most reactions

Back