Being Eatin Alive!

{{{{{Unknown}}}}}

Reaction score
I have a chubby shubunkin like fish that i took out about 4-5 weeks ago to let it heal from the last attack from the ther goldies and I just now put him back in the tank and hes getting bittin up!? :( What is making my fish do this to him? :/

Size of tank in gallons or litres.
How many fish and which type.
And water stats in ammonia,nitrite,nitrate,and ph.

As wilder stated, you should give us more info on your situation so we can advise you better on what to do :nod: .

Ok I took him out and hes got 2 more chunks taken out of his fins. We have one Koi and 3 goldies in a 10gal there all under 2inches long. Im getting a 20gal for christmas.

I think the main problem could be overcrowding. A 10 gal tank is only really big enough for 1 coldwater fish, let alone 4.

The 20 gal will help spread out the aggression.

I know though that once a fish holds a grudge for another, it can get pretty vicious. I have a dwarf gourami that hounds my platy. But without separating one or the other, there's nothing really i can do.

Can see the problem aggression through to many fish in the tank and probably bad water quality.
Koi need ponds not tanks.
First goldfish alone needs a 20gal tank, then 10gal for every other one added.
Need excellent filters as they are massive waste producers.
I would take a sample of your water to the lfs and tell them to write the readings down for you.
And rehome some of the fish, especially the koi.

if you have some space in the garden a small water feature will provide a better home for most of the fish then just keep a couple in the indoor tank

Ok yeah The water is fine and we are probubly going to get rid of the koi because its getting big + would hiding spots in the 20gal help the aggression issues?

Even twenty gallon is not big enough even getting rid of the koi.
And to be honest i doubt very much the water quality is fine.
And no hiding spaces won't cut the aggression out.
Research the fish and do your home work before adding large fish to a very small tank.
Been there with my sister and had to pick the peices up and take her fish on.

Most reactions

Back