Bb Torch.....anyone Got One?

elisew

I don`t count sheep to get to sleep, I count fish
Reaction score
I`m due to receive a new phone, a Blackberry Torch and wondered what the general consensus is on it from any of you who have one :huh: :/

I`ve been used to the iphone 3GS for the last 15 months and was thinking about waiting for an upgrade to an iphone 4......but I`m too impatient and wanted to try something different. :/

i have a bb 9700 bold and i think its great.
i would have a bb again anytime
:)

I've had a BB Torch since they came out.

Generally I love the phone and it feels well it feels like a proper phone and not something meant for messing around with little games on. Feels sturdy and good quality just the battery lets it down, within 3 months I need to charge mine everyday even when I barely use it.

Other than there is the fact you can't enter your IP/Subnet addresses for WiFi networks but I guess you just have to put up with that if you ever come across a network which requires that, 3G nowrdays is pretty good. The keyboard is amazingly natural to type on and if you know your qwerty as well as I do you can type at phenomenal speeds.

It's great phone just not worth the cost if you were to buy it out right, on contract I would definitely recommend :good:

:blush: I;ve got two

not sure what type they are though they have the roller ball to use as a mouse

I love the BB compared to old phones but do wish that my work would get me an i phone instead. The internet is soooooo slooooooooow but the email function helps me out work wise and I like the feel of the phone and the keyboard

So not a bad phone overall so far then? :huh:

I'm terrible with phones, I get bored with them after a while, the iphone is the only phone I`ve ever had for this long before wanting to try a different one so it`s not all bad :blush:
I love technology and learning how different things work so I`m looking forward to receiving the phone today. I`ll give it a few weeks to see how I get on with it, if I don`t like it I guess I can always whack it on fleabay :look:

Just hope you don't get plagued with a ruined battery, mine discharges in around 6 hours now, I charged it up last night before sleeping took it off put it next to my bed as an alarm. This morning the alarm went off and cut out straight away I looked... the battery had drained during the night from 100% :crazy:

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

I`ll keep an eye on the battery issue. We`ve just bought my Son a BB Curve and he said last night that his drains quite quickly too :unsure:

I got the phone earlier and spent ages trying to work out how to get my contacts from my iphone to the Sim card, then onto the BB.......ARRRRGGHHHHHH!!!! :S :S
I finally had to input them manually as I don`t have Outlook express on a PC, I have a mac......go figure :rolleyes:

Anyway, I`ve just been in touch with o2 and they`re swapping the iphone tariff for the BB tariff so I`ll see how things go with it all :)

I fixed my issue by deleteing a certain application I had installed "PingChat". It has recently udpated to a new version which seemed to be the problem now my battery is back to being active for up to 4 days.

Have you got the BB torch yet then?

What do you think of it?

I'm still loving mine and the battery life is back to normal stretching out for days and days.

Have you got the BB torch yet then?

What do you think of it?

I'm still loving mine and the battery life is back to normal stretching out for days and days.

Yes I did get it :good:

I have to admit to being in 2 minds about whether to stick with it and sell my iphone or go back to using the iphone and sell the Torch.....I haven`t made my mind up yet. I don`t know if it`s just because I`ve used the iphone for so long and I just maybe haven`t given the Torch enough time :S

I find the Torch more of a phone/personal organizer which is why I love it so much. I found my Samsung Galaxy S pretty much a small games console and less practical when it came to a phone.

If you're into playing with apps for 5 minutes for the novelty value the torch won't be for you, neither will most blackberrys but... I've had my Torch for about 4/5 months now and still love it.

Well after 4 weeks of having the BB I`ve decided to go back to my iphone after the tariff changes back in 6 days time. I really can`t get used to the Torch and it`s beginning to niggle me now :crazy: :lol:

It`s in excellent condition (like new) so I`ll be listing it on ebay in the coming week, so if anyone is interested or knows anyone who would be interested, feel free to give me a shout ;)

Heh, I imagine it takes a bit of adjustment from an iphone. If you're selling it on eBay I would put a pretty high reserve price on it. Check the prices on high street at the moment, they're pretty expensive phones.

Most reactions

Back