Bathroom Betta

Night61

Fish Herder
Reaction score
the new betta jasper is going to be homed in the the bathroom. i have a five gallon corner tank on the way at the moment, while jasper recovers from his local pet store life.
his life will likely be spent in front of the bathroom mirrior, do you think thats ok, or should i reconcider where i am keeping him? or put a divider to keep his eyes off the mirror. also the bathroom doesn't really get much natural light will that be ok?

also rayne my other betta is only still 1 1/2 inchs long (still a baby) when should i concider breeding her? how big does she have to be?

the new betta jasper is going to be homed in the the bathroom. i have a five gallon corner tank on the way at the moment, while jasper recovers from his local pet store life.
his life will likely be spent in front of the bathroom mirrior, do you think thats ok, or should i reconcider where i am keeping him? or put a divider to keep his eyes off the mirror. also the bathroom doesn't really get much natural light will that be ok?

also rayne my other betta is only still 1 1/2 inchs long (still a baby) when should i concider breeding her? how big does she have to be?
Firstly is it safe to have normal electrical plugs in the bathroom because of the steam? My girls tank is infront of a mirror and they just ignore it! He may well flare at it for a while but then thats good excercise as far as Im aware and he will probably work out its just his reflection after a while and ignore it.

you can't have normal sockets in a bathroom I have a bathroom tank but the socket is in the study behind remove the plug drill through the wall and rewire the plug.

you can't have normal sockets in a bathroom I have a bathroom tank but the socket is in the study behind remove the plug drill through the wall and rewire the plug.

there is already two normal sockets in the bathroom. they have been there for years.

Yeah, there are normal plug ins in every bathroom in my house. I personally think a tank in the bathroom would look awesome. :good:

there is already two normal sockets in the bathroom. they have been there for years.

Its illegal now to put normal sockets in bathrooms coz of the risk of electricution so be careful lol! If you have kids Id say its definitely not worth the risk. Regardless of the health and safety issue of the sockets I reckon it would look great. :good:

Stupid law. That's all I gotta say. People should be smart enough to watch what their doing and keep track of their kids.

Anyhow... are you still going with your bathroom tank? Post pictures!

Stupid law. That's all I gotta say. People should be smart enough to watch what their doing and keep track of their kids.

Anyhow... are you still going with your bathroom tank? Post pictures!

i think he ment the steam may build up in the socket itself causing it 2 fuse yes u would be carful urself but water and elecric really dont go lol trust me i know :p

anyways i love the idea of a tank in the bathroom :)

just out of curiousity bathrooms get really warm while bathing/showering i presume tank temp would rise and then cool would this be safe for this fish having water change temperature all the time.

It would be perfectly fine. Temperature changes happen in the wild, right? Besides, the temperature change wouldn't even last that long.

Most reactions

Back