Banjo Catfish

samyboy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
was in a LFS i dont usually visit and they had some amazing catfish some from sinapore that look a bit like horseshoe craps/triops

and some banjo catfish

anyone keep either of these as i quite like them but i know the associated problems with catfish such as the common plec so i didnt want to buy a 2" fish only to fing out in 6 months time ill have to re-home it

For a common pleco you'd need a tank of 75 Gallons ++ minimum - they grow fast so don't think you'll upgrade eventually. Ideally a 125 ++ gallon tank

Banjo's are very docile and absolutely must have a sand substrate they can burrow in (no small gravel or normal gravel). They are very shy and should not be kept with fast aggressive territorial bottom feeders.

Edit: I see you have a 15 Gallon tank in your profile with White Clouds and Bronze Cories. Is this the tank ? If so: no common pleco.
Is this tank heated ? If not, no Banjo catfish either. If it is filtered, and well maintained, you could fit one or two Banjo's in there. But not much else if you stick to the inch per gallon guideline.

Also, cories should really be kept in groups of 4 + for health and happiness :)

Yep cories are absolutely fine with banjo's :good:

Most reactions

Back