Balloon Molly

I tried to take a picture of him... sorry for the crappy quality :(

4oto4d3.jpg

He is pretty

Hey,
dont want to hijack this thread or anything like that. I am just about to start breeding balloon mollies, and was just wondering what female to male ratio will work out the best. I know they wont have a problem getting pregnant as long as there is 1 of both but i was just wondering what the best combo for maximum fry would be? thnx to all and once again not trying to take over the thread just thought i would save some space.

Drew

I tried to take a picture of him... sorry for the crappy quality :(

4oto4d3.jpg

He is pretty

Thanks! I actually bought him because I thought he was kind of ugly :fun: . I have weird motives for such things.

Hey,
dont want to hijack this thread or anything like that. I am just about to start breeding balloon mollies, and was just wondering what female to male ratio will work out the best. I know they wont have a problem getting pregnant as long as there is 1 of both but i was just wondering what the best combo for maximum fry would be? thnx to all and once again not trying to take over the thread just thought i would save some space.

Drew

If you want to be sure you get them pregnant, I'd have as many as 5 males to 1 female. Depends on the size of your tank. I'd go to your LFS, pick out your favorite female, then buy as many males that you'd like without overstocking. If she's not pregnant already, she'll bound to be with many males. I adore the little guys... they're so cute and have personalities. Having 5+ of them wouldn't be so bad! :shout: I have 4.

but male livebearers are over sexed, so i would reccomend 2 females to 1 male otherwise the males would contiuoursly try and mate caseing the female stress which can lead to disease and death

Most reactions

Back