Balloon Molly Pregnate?

tanafish

Reaction score
I have a balloon molly (she was a gift and tattooed, poor thing) and my male mates with her ALL the time. i thought she was pregnate for a while but nothing ever came out. she's now like twice the size of my male and still nothing. could something be wrong with her? could he be eating the babies before the get all the way out? its stressful because i want them to breed like my platties but nothing ever happens! any help?

it is possible that she is aborting the birth but she can only do that later on in the pregnancy. Is she showing signs of stress ?

if you just have the one female then she will probably abort due to too much stress caused by the male. what size is the tank? what are your water stats? tank stocking?

if you just have the one female then she will probably abort due to too much stress caused by the male. what size is the tank? what are your water stats? tank stocking?
its a 29 gal and the water is perfect in nitrates, Ph and whatnot. her tanks mates are 3 platties, another female molly (young), the male, and 4 tetra, one of which is like 2 inches long and 8 years old (i got him from a friend and have NO idea how he lived this long) and one 4 inch pleco who doesnt do much just like every other pleco. there is also a breeder net in there that has one platty baby in it ( i was gone when the mother gave birth and i guess she ate the rest or they were still born or something. )

i am planning on getting her some more girls to play with when i get paid.

Most reactions

Back