Bad for plants?

Woodie, I put my third BN in Saturday night. It hid out for a day, but now all three are hard at their workaday feeding. They are all over the driftwood and the artificial caves. I haven't seen one bothering any plants except the plastic ones. Before they joined the tank someone was overly interested in my onion plants though. I and keven007 have pretty well concluded that the otos get the onion dip munchies. :rofl:

Have you gotten your new BN?

HI Jollysue,

my new BN's are settling in well :wub: there was one normal one among the bunch so he has gone in with my female he's only about 2" so has a bit of growing to do :D

i decided not to get the big ones, as he had some small ones in about 1"-2" and i couldnt resist as there are so funny surrying around the place :rolleyes: he also gave me some lovely Pearl Chiclid Fry as he had to many!

i also got 4 clown plecos there around the 1" mark and stunning colours already (L104/L162/LDA22/ Ringlet Plec)

and sshhhh i sneaked in 5 corydoras (bronze) as well

i'm glad your BN's are showing there faces more :) there great to watch, as for Long finned BN's i have never seen them over here (UK) all the ones i have seen are just normals, so i dont how you would tell :dunno:

best wishes

Clare

I don't know how to do links on here, but try www.liveaquaria.com and go to the fish pulldown menu, then the freshwater, then the plecos, then the bushy nose. They show 4 variety of L144 plecos.

Hey congratulations on your new guys and gals scores. I love to get new fish. The different kinds of fish make such an interesting tank. There are just all these little lives going on. All kinds of little dramas.

I am a couch potato and love movies, dramas mostly. I have found myself getting very behind on my TV. I may have to cancel my get-it-all satellite package. It's starting to go to waste. :lol: I watch my aqua drama instead (and check out all the threads on TFF. :rofl:

The pearls are a dwarf cichlid? I have cockatoos. :) I don't have enough time to watch their drama.

I like what Clare said about the BN being like little scampering mice. :rofl:

Pearl Cichlid

Scientific Name: Geophagus brasiliensis
Home Range: South America
Max Size: 10" - 12"
Minimum Tank Size: 55 Gallons
Temperament: Peaceful
Temperature: 76-79°F
pH: Neutral
Diet: Omnivorous
Swimming Zone: All

:D

my partner thinks it's great i never spent so much time in the kitchen! what he dosnt know is i'm not cooking i'm watching my BN's and plecs :rofl: i have just spent about an hour watching them fighting over a piece of cucumber it was like a rugby scrum :rofl:

I have seen them in the lfs, but thought for some reason they were...
:eek: :no: I'm thinking of the pearl gourami! :lol: I've been doing that a lot lately getting cicklid and gourami in the same basket. I am working on intergrating pygmy gourami and dwarf cichlid into the community tank. I'm moving some of my tetra as I do. I am moving toward a seriously heavily stodked little world. But everyone is doing well since I took the serpaes out. :crazy:

Yes well I'd rather watch the aqua world than cook too. :p

pearlcichlid.jpg

this is a pearl cichlid

i had a look at that sight and mine are just normals and albinos :) the long fins one do look nice, will have to keep an eye out for some

just been watching my coryadoras scurrying around, after a piece of cucumber that dosnt want to stay still :rofl:

Clare

Most reactions

Back