Bacterial Bloom

Michelleuk

Fishaholic
Reaction score
whats the best way to get those little particals of dirt that float around the tank out. my tank has been cycled for a few years. i do water changes every week and clean the filter fully every week. I use a gravel cleaner always and the sand is clear of dirt after every water change. I thinking of using a better filter media but not sure what to try? any ideas?

Thanks

Is the filter powerful enough for the tank. What do you mean by you clean to filter every week. that will kill off your bacteria in your media which will be bad news for your water quality. have you done a water test recently? Do you lose many fish?

Use (spun polyester) filter floss in the last stage of your filter to polish the return water. The fineness of this filter media should remove the tiny particulate matter that often gets through (somewhat) coarse sponge material.

Put in some filter floss and the thing you put in your water to help all the particles (cant remember the name) and you'll be fine,
You could possibly be overstocked.

the filter i have is fluval U4 which and my tanks 190liter and it can do up to 240 liters so I sure its ok.

thanks all

Most reactions

Back