Backyard Neighbor

FishAddict99

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
today our old neighbor made their appearance this year. we've had groundhogs living under our shed for a couple years now. last summer, we had a big surprise:
Babiesagain20071.jpg

Babiesexploring20071.jpg

Curiouslittlebabies20071.jpg

i'm wondering if the new resident is either a baby from last year or the mother. from what i can remember, the mother used to be huge so i'm guessing it might be one of her babies . :wub:

here are the pictures from todays photoshoot: *pictures came out bad because it was a cloudy day*
IMG_25641.jpg

IMG_25721.jpg

IMG_25831.jpg

Amazing Pix, they must be very entertaining to watch.

Whats the Saying about Groundhogs and Spring ??

:wub: Aaaw, they are too cute. Great pics too. Your garden looks lovely and green.

:good:

Amazing Pix, they must be very entertaining to watch.

Whats the Saying about Groundhogs and Spring ??

If the groundhog sees a shadow on when he comes out of his burrow on Groundhog Day (2nd Feb) then there will be another 6 weeks of winter. If he doesn't see a shadow then it will be an early spring.

yeah i had to be real stealthy when it came to taking photos. the mother used to be really scared, whenever she'd see us in the window, she'd run back under the shed. all last summer, we left out food for the babies. they especially liked lettuce, we gave them a whole head and had fun watching them eat it. we didn't want them to get too used to people though because a lot of people don't like groundhogs. many people consider them a nuisance and shoot them around here , so i don't know what happened to all the other babies. :/ i hope they are all right.

Most reactions

Back