Background Paint

amstar15

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
so what is the best color? blue or black for a reef tank? i am partial to blue but didnt know what some other peoples experiences are

so what is the best color? blue or black for a reef tank? i am partial to blue but didnt know what some other peoples experiences are

This question has been asked many a time

I have used both & persoanlly prefered Light Blue, as it made my livestock etc. stand out

But it is a personall thing mate :good:

black.JPG

blue.JPG

You Decide.

I believe i prefer the black. i have alot of live rock and corals and alot of light. i think the black would make everything else stand out better.

okay so now what kind of paint. I have heard use "tile" paint. maybe 2 to 3 coats should take care of it.

Just my 2 pence worth but I find black always looks cleaner and algae growth is less obvious but if it's kept clean blue looks better IMHO.

At the end of the day though have a good look at everybody else's choices and see what looks better to you. It a personal choice in the end.

If i were you i would just use a black background and put it on, incase you dont like how the black looks you won't have to deal with it.

yeh i bought a double sided background at the min its black but if i want to change it all i got to do is to turn it over to blue :good:

i like blue, it makes the tank look alot lighter and fresher. When i had black on my tank it just seemed to be dark.

Blue also gives more depth to the tank. Plus my bedroom is half blue half brown and the tank is on a blue wall so saves me a few quid :D.

good idea but my wall is oange ( downstairs -open plan kitchen diner thing )

go to you local fabric store and get some blue and black you can also get just about any color you would want for half the cost and cut to size. at least that's what i did take a look

S5030646.jpg

Most reactions

Back