Back To Basics

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rorie

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have had a look at the locked topics and the resource centre part, but cant find what i am looking for

I was wondring where i would find detailed information about how to plant! When my plants arrive, what do i do with them?! I have found a couple videos, but i am wondering if i do the same thing for each type of plant? I.e. pull off the wool, cut them into about 8 or 9 and then plant apart?

I realise there are different types of plants, so ideally i'd be looking for a document that says "For this type of plant, do this....and this is how you maintain them"

Thanks

this link was put up a few weeks back, it's a brilliant guide for beginners.

wow really great information in that video :D :good:

Thanks for that. Lots of info in the video which is good. However, how do i know which one my plant is? The plants i have are listed below. But, for my carpet plant, how would i know if i should cut it and split it up as they did with one, or if i should cut it really short as they did with the second, and plant it almost like a bunch of small stems....if that makes any sense?!

Vesicularia ferriei 'Weeping'
Eleocharis Vivipara
Eleocharis parvula

Thanks

Vesicularia is tied to something using a hairnet, cotton or fishin line

Eleocharis can be split up into small clumps, and then trimmed to about 1-2cm to encourage new growth

Bringing this up again as my new plants arrive tomorrow :):):):)

I am all sorted for what to do with my plants, but i was wondering what to do with my Vivipara?

What category does it fall into in the video? I want to create a 'wall' in the back of my tank with it, so what do i do to encourage it to grow only in a straight line, rather than spreading out as i would like my grass to do?

Thanks!

You will have to section it off by using a plastic divider/ sheet in the substrate, or just keep on top of trimming.

Most reactions

Back