Baby Whale

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
I saw "baby whales" in a lfs the other day, and am really curious about them. How big does it get, temperment, diet, etc...any info is greatly appreciated. :D

baby whales are actually blunt version of a elephant nose fish. just with out the nose. but theyre basicaly the same.

Bea/\/ said:
baby whales are actually blunt version of a elephant nose fish. just with out the nose. but theyre basicaly the same.
yeah that's what i thought it looked like when i saw arashis link, not a whale

:fun: i rekon baby whale is a cool name for that fish anyways cuz u can tell ppl u have a baby whale in ur tank :fun:

my LFS has these and I've always wondered what they were.

While we're on mistakenly-named fish; has anyone heard of Dolphin Fish? Are these the same thing as the Baby Whale? Supposedly Dolphin Fish look like miniature Dolphins and act like them. This would be a Freshwater variety, not the Saltwater ones that can grow huge.

Possibly so. I've never seen anything beyond the name and a description of looking and acting like Dolphins. Those somewhat resemble Dolphins but I don't know if those are the purported ones I've heard of.

Not even my LFS knows and the main guy there knows a lot. He's been working there for 3 years and has exentive knowledge beyond that and never heard of them. I'd say it was a urban myth but I've heard about it both online and in person at the store by someone who kept them.

Thanks for the link though. It may well be it. :)

Most reactions

Back