Baby Guppy...HELP!!!

PJGuppies

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a 5 1/2 gal tank with 5 female guppy babies...The baby I am talking about is only 6 weeks old, and I was doing a water changing yesterday and noticed that she had something on her lip!!! :unsure: Its white, and its just hanging there, I dont know it it is a parasite or she has gotten something in her mouth!!! :unsure: I dont know what to do for her!!! :sad: She still eats and swims fine, I do notice her going to the bottom and tries to scrape the thing off, I know it bothers her cause she always moves her mouth trying to get it off.. :eek:

Any help on what it could be or what I should do??? I have some parasite meds but it cant be used on small fish or fry, I have added some salt to the tank. What meds are good to use with fry?

My water is fine
Ammonia= 0
Nitrite= 0
Nitrates= 0
ph= 7.6
temp is between 80-82(it so hot here!)

Ok after some investigating, I figured out what it was on my Guppies lip...I was really looking at her today, and then I noticed it, there was a very small hair sticking out of her mouth with some kind of white matter on it!! :lol:

So I took her out of the tank and got some twizers(sp) and very carefully, with my son holding a flashlight, grabbed the white thing (it was hard) and pulled very very gently, she squirmed a little, and I pulled it out!!!! :unsure: It was a pretty long piece of hair, with some matter on it...she stopped squirming as soon as it was out :)

I put her back in the tank with some stress coat and she is very very happy now :D

I was so scared to do this but I had to help her...

Wow,
way to go!. Sounds like you saved her life. How scary that must have been on such a tiny little thing. Hope she recovers well. Say "Good job" to you son too!

Most reactions

Back