Baby Fry

TyteFoo

Reaction score
Hello. I am new to this forum well to the post at least. I seeking some tips on raising baby fries. Here is my story. So this pass weekend one of my fishes died that i purchased from Petsmart I believe it was a red wag fish. Apparently it got hurt someone and I saw some damages under his top fins and by Sunday it had passed away. So I went to Petsmart on Monday and returned it and got a new fish because Petsmart has a 14 day warranty on your fishes. So at Petsmart I decided to switch to a Swordtail fish. So I spoke with the lady that worked there and she told me how the Swordtail change sex or are able to change from female to male. I was hoping to get mail because i wanted the black tail at the end. So I paid for the fish and left the store and started driving. Then I looked at the fish in the bag and it was giving birth to small fries or small baby fishes. So I quickly drove back to the store and told them about the situation and asked for advice. So I ended buying a small net like box thing for the baby fries and small fry food. So then I got home put everything into my after letting the temperature adjust. Now I have 14 small fries. I was wondering if anyone here on this forum can give me some advice on raising them and how or when should I take them out of the box net? full grown? because I have a pretty a few big Australian Rainbows about 1 inch long and they're always trying to attack the box net?

Tank Info.

Size: bow shape 46 gallon
Current pH levels: about 7.0-7.5
#of fishes: 14 excluding small fries; 4 Australian Rainbows, 1 Sword tail, 1 Black Molly, 1 Chinese algae Eater, 3 tetras or somesort they're sorta big, 2 glasscat, one other fish i don't remember the name and one orange molly.
#of fries: 14
Tank Tools: Biowheel filter, thermometer, Bubble machine.

Welcome to the forum :hi:

Babies are easy. Keep the breeding net clean. If excess food gathers in it, clean it out. Feed the babies at leat 2 or 3 times per day, but only tiny amounts. Thats about all there is to it.

Testing your water and regular water changes are particularly important, as babies are more susceptible to poor water quality.

The only reason to keep babies in the net is because they are small enough to be eaten, so as soon as they are too big to fit into the other fishes mouths, you can release them into the tank.

Oh, and i wouldn't waste your money on baby foods. Just take your normal food and crush it up into tiny bits, its much cheaper.

Hope this helps you a bit. :good:

Hello. I am new to this forum well to the post at least. I seeking some tips on raising baby fries. Here is my story. So this pass weekend one of my fishes died that i purchased from Petsmart I believe it was a red wag fish. Apparently it got hurt someone and I saw some damages under his top fins and by Sunday it had passed away. So I went to Petsmart on Monday and returned it and got a new fish because Petsmart has a 14 day warranty on your fishes. So at Petsmart I decided to switch to a Swordtail fish. So I spoke with the lady that worked there and she told me how the Swordtail change sex or are able to change from female to male. I was hoping to get mail because i wanted the black tail at the end. So I paid for the fish and left the store and started driving. Then I looked at the fish in the bag and it was giving birth to small fries or small baby fishes. So I quickly drove back to the store and told them about the situation and asked for advice. So I ended buying a small net like box thing for the baby fries and small fry food. So then I got home put everything into my after letting the temperature adjust. Now I have 14 small fries. I was wondering if anyone here on this forum can give me some advice on raising them and how or when should I take them out of the box net? full grown? because I have a pretty a few big Australian Rainbows about 1 inch long and they're always trying to attack the box net?Tank Info. Size: bow shape 46 gallonCurrent pH levels: about 7.0-7.5#of fishes: 14 excluding small fries; 4 Australian Rainbows, 1 Sword tail, 1 Black Molly, 1 Chinese algae Eater, 3 tetras or somesort they're sorta big, 2 glasscat, one other fish i don't remember the name and one orange molly. #of fries: 14Tank Tools: Biowheel filter, thermometer, Bubble machine.
Well, I have no advice to give you because I have a male and a female fish. ( mandy and fighter) and they haevt made babies yet. I don't know how they should or what those box things you where talking about are. so, can you help me? LOLPM me or message me for any advice :flowers: :) :) :)

Most reactions

Back