Baby Frontosa'S

Yup, pretty much a complete change around, the bala's are sold being picked up in a week or so, the rainbows sold being picked up this weekend, all the other fish, daemons, Oscar, small severum, corys etc etc, have already been rehomed, so these little puppies will be growing up with just my large red spot severum and 2 large bichirs for company and Im currently thinking of adding some more baby fronts so I can get a good breeding group and then put the Sev/Bichirs in a seperate tank altogether!!

the first pic is fab ( new ones) all lined up like lil soldiers
wub.gif
how fast do they gro mags?

Apparently quite slow growing, but Im sure with plenty of good food and my incessant water change regime, they will soon pile on the inches!

Deffo! look at how fast Rosie grew
blink.gif
.. left us all standing.

how often do you do water changes etc?? ( c`mon put me to shame lol)

50% twice a week, with a complete gravel vac, although from lots of reading, fronts dont like large water changes, so may change that to 3x 30% weekly!!

They are lovely Mark, like little puppies, woke early this morning to check on them and all are fine, couldnt see them at first, but as soon as they saw me peering in, they all came out of their caves, which they now seen to enjoy, to say hello and beg for food :D

Great looking fish, look forward to seeing them grow ;) Did you get a reply from the seller regarding the eye issue?

Unfortunately not and the one with the missing eye isnt doing as well as the others, who I swear have grown a little already, whereas they are all happy exploring, this one just stays in one spot most of the time, Im worried about him. Still I havent left feedback yet, maybe a nice red dot on their FB page will get a reply.

i really was looking in to these ages ago, they look so cute when small, but they grow massive

They do indeed grow massive, 16" males, females 12-14", I have five, hoping for 1 male and 3 females from the group, but will wait and see what happens, also hoping to add another group of 5 or so to ensure the group ratio I need, then rehome the rest, they are also fairly slow growing, will be a couple of years before they reach anywhere near the size for breeding and will need to think about rehoming some.

Most reactions

Back