Baby Fish Identity (Help!)

phat01

Reaction score
hi all

was watching my tank today and saw this little baby floating around with my 2 marbled hatchetfish could anyone let me know what baby it is?

other fish in my tank are

1x female silver molly
3x neon tets
2x Barbs
1x Female plattie
1x orange finned shark (not sure what one it is)
2x Loach's (small ones with stripes like a tiger)
1x male guppy

i know its not a very good tank but i lost a few few due to moving house.....

hope someone can help

Phil

Attachments

• odd baby.jpg
    odd baby.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 34
It looks a lot like livebearer fry, though it's not a platy. Are you sure your guppy is a male (it's always worth checking ;))

It looks a lot like livebearer fry, though it's not a platy. Are you sure your guppy is a male (it's always worth checking ;))
Definitely livebearer....looks alot like my platy fry...a little longer than they are as far as the body though.

Just to mix it up a bit, I think it's a molly.

You'll find out when it grows up ;)

yer im sure its got a really clourful tail and very fancy.

Attachments

• guppy.jpg
    guppy.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 28
Looks like a guppy

Maybe even a hybrid g.uppy and platy fry I think the interbreed sometime gut I don't know for sure
platys dont interbreed with guppies. they only interbreed with swordtails

I'm pretty sure that is a female. I do not see an "appendage" underneath the belly. Also the tail is not as long as the males. Females will have color to their tails. Just not as long and flowy, or as bright.

Looks like a guppy

Maybe even a hybrid g.uppy and platy fry I think the interbreed sometime gut I don't know for sure
platys dont interbreed with guppies. they only interbreed with swordtails

I'm pretty sure that is a female. I do not see an "appendage" underneath the belly. Also the tail is not as long as the males. Females will have color to their tails. Just not as long and flowy, or as bright.

ok then that makes me even more confused, looks like i will have to wait and see when it grows up

That's definitely a female guppy. So it could be any of them really, wait and see.

Agreed, almost a definatly guppy fry, guppy fry look very much like platy fry but a bit stretched out, they have the stretched/pinched look to them.

Definately a livebearer fry so will expect one od your girls was pregnant when you got here (this could easily be a year ago as they can hold pregnancy/fertilised egg for a long while).

That is a female guppy and the baby looks like a guppy to me.

Most reactions

Back