Baby Fish Born Recently

Applerust

Reaction score
Getting a picture of this baby fish is very hard. I need to know what I can feed it and what precautions I need to take to keep it from getting eaten by the other fish.

I thought that the female molly looked pregnant and I still think it looks pregnant.. Also a fish just died in the tank a day ago so I'm wondering if this baby fish will survive. So maybe its a baby molly..

Someone please help me. I don't want this little fish to die if it can be avoided.

Thanks

what other fish do u have in the tank, if it is a baby molly try putting it in a breeding trap or a separate tank with the same water from the original tank. feed liquid fry for live bearer if it is a molly, do u know the reason y your other fish died, what are your water parameters,

what other fish do u have in the tank, if it is a baby molly try putting it in a breeding trap or a separate tank with the same water from the original tank. feed liquid fry for live bearer if it is a molly, do u know the reason y your other fish died, what are your water parameters,

All the info is here:

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=209714&hl=

This is my only tank and I don't know anything about a breeding trap. I have never seen a baby fish born in my old tank.

Looking up "breeding trap" now. Thanks. :)

If it has all its colord then it is a mollie. If it is see through, then it is some other type of livebearer.

For mollies and platies u need pH 7 to 7.5 ammonia and NO2 to be at zero they are the 3 critical are u currently starting up your tank
if so testing ur water is absolutely vital

For mollies and platies u need pH 7 to 7.5 ammonia and NO2 to be at zero they are the 3 critical are u currently starting up your tank
if so testing ur water is absolutely vital

water parimeters especialy PH doesnt bother platys or mollies too much.

feed it powderd fish flake... just crush fish flake into a powder.

ps my ph is 8.1 and have raised and breed many livebearers and am currently doing bettas so ph of 7-7.5 isnt alwase correct.

The Pet Smart near me now has a fish testing kit available which I can buy Friday when I have some money. I found another baby fish under my sunken boat deco. I bought a breeding trap and the 2 babies are now inside it. I also bought them some baby fish food from Pet Smart and they are eating.

Here are some close up pictures of the babies if anyone cares to identify them.

I am currently assuming the parents are Mollies.

UIFsm02.jpg

UIFsm01.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone :)

Most reactions

Back