Baby Cyps Yaay

kiriyama

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi , I managed to take out all rockwork and with a bit of effort netted the bigest female cyp, she spat a few fry just as I netted her. I placed her in a bicket of shallow tank water, I was only holding her in the net and all the babies swam out, really cool, very obliging, I caught 2 from the main tank and another in a basin that was holding the rockwork, she must have spat one in the moss or one was hiding in it. I have them in a breeding net in the main tank, put, some powdered food in and they tucked right in, as I write this I have spotted another fry in the main tank, this makes uop for losing the sumbu fry last time, really pleased, I have to head out to work but I'll be watching the other females over the next few weeks, have over 10 fry, fingers crossed :good:
Cheers, Sean

Hi , I managed to take out all rockwork and with a bit of effort netted the bigest female cyp, she spat a few fry just as I netted her. I placed her in a bicket of shallow tank water, I was only holding her in the net and all the babies swam out, really cool, very obliging, I caught 2 from the main tank and another in a basin that was holding the rockwork, she must have spat one in the moss or one was hiding in it. I have them in a breeding net in the main tank, put, some powdered food in and they tucked right in, as I write this I have spotted another fry in the main tank, this makes uop for losing the sumbu fry last time, really pleased, I have to head out to work but I'll be watching the other females over the next few weeks, have over 10 fry, fingers crossed :good:
Cheers, Sean

Excellent!!! So pleased for you and I'd love to see some pics if you can get some :good: :D

Grats hoping to catch mine soon :)

There are another 2 that have the "heavy mouth", going to leave them another week or so. I couldn't believe the size of the fry and how "helpful" mum was, she just spat them into the bucket. On returning from work I saw another one swimming freely so in the box net it went, sweet :good:

Hi, just a quick update, I had the box net suspended from the middle brace bar, it got clogged up and really dirty very quick. I bought another box net yesterday, better design that has suckers on it so its riht at the side of the tank and not getting blasted with the spray bar, with one scoop I got 11 fry into there new home, 1 dead one found in the dirty box net, maybe the water was stagnating inside :unsure:
This morning there was a baby cyp swimming freely in the main tank, I thought one of the females had spat last night or this morning but I think it was one from the box net maybe managed to jump over the side somehow :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Ordering up some brine shrimp eggs on Tuesday, anyone recommend any good types ?
Cheers, Sean
P.S. Pics and video soon, phone not talking to my netbook :blush:

Most reactions

Back