Babies!?!?

RoLo

Reaction score
So after changing my water today, I was looking at my bucket of dirty water and managed to see these TINY TINY tadpole looking things just squirming around in the bucket, and there must have been between 7-9 of them. My only assumption is...babies! How did it happen? What do I do with them? I'm actually surprised I saw them seeing as they're sooo small, they just look like some black piece of debris when they're not moving. Is this bad? And if it is, how do I stop it?

OK, so danio fry. Feed them crushed up fine food and you can expect them to grow up to be nice adults. You will need to protect the fry from predation but rearing fry can be loads of fun. Livebearer people commonly use breeder nets to protect fry from the predators that surround them and should work just as well for danios.

Well the thing is that I have to eventually get rid of my Pearl Danio's anyway as they are agressive in my 10 gallon and I'm just waiting for my filter to get cycled so I can get rid of them, and with that I don't think I would want to keep the babies and let them grow if I'll have to eventually get rid of them anyway. What should I do?

If you don't want the fry, turn them loose in the tank. Any predators will remove some for you and the remaining ones can be sold off along with the adults you already have.

Most reactions

Back