Babies Are Gone...

Hi,
Like I said in my PM, I would love your adults, and have been looking to buy females like yours. I had said I would like to take a few of your babies. Since you want them all to go to one place, I would have now problem taking the whole kit and kaboodle. Like I also said, I do live in Ny, but I'd have no problem paying for shipping. Hopefully you can hold out long enough for the babies to be shipped. I do have a 125 gallon of females. I would be able to put all my juvie females in there, and would have plenty of grow out space for your babies. I have have the 125, 3-10's, a 29, a 20 long, a 5 1/2, and many 1 gallon shoe boxes (with juvie males growing.) I own my own house, and my kitchen is my fish room. (Just so you know, I'm not a kid who has to ask for permission)

Hi,
Like I said in my PM, I would love your adults, and have been looking to buy females like yours. I had said I would like to take a few of your babies. Since you want them all to go to one place, I would have now problem taking the whole kit and kaboodle. Like I also said, I do live in Ny, but I'd have no problem paying for shipping. Hopefully you can hold out long enough for the babies to be shipped. I do have a 125 gallon of females. I would be able to put all my juvie females in there, and would have plenty of grow out space for your babies. I have have the 125, 3-10's, a 29, a 20 long, a 5 1/2, and many 1 gallon shoe boxes (with juvie males growing.) I own my own house, and my kitchen is my fish room. (Just so you know, I'm not a kid who has to ask for permission)

Ok. I haven't written you off the list or anything.

Well, a couple people had suggested that I might be able to sell the adults on Aquabid and get back at least some of the money I lost in getting this far back into the hobby. So I have listed them there. But if they don't sell, my original plan still stands.

I'm still waiting for feedback on the adoption terms I suggested. Am I asking too much? Or are there just not very many people on here interested in taking the babies for me?

-_-

I've never raised any babies before, so I can't take them, besides the fact that I live so far away. But if you can't sell the adults... I have a 10 gallon tank that I'm going to be dividing into three sections anyway for more bettas. I understand that you would like to get some money back for them because I'm sure you've put a lot out, and I may like to buy the adults from you, if you would sell them to me, depending on how much shipping is. If it's a possibility, how much would it be to ship all three overnight, and how much are you selling them for?

I've never raised any babies before, so I can't take them, besides the fact that I live so far away. But if you can't sell the adults... I have a 10 gallon tank that I'm going to be dividing into three sections anyway for more bettas. I understand that you would like to get some money back for them because I'm sure you've put a lot out, and I may like to buy the adults from you, if you would sell them to me, depending on how much shipping is. If it's a possibility, how much would it be to ship all three overnight, and how much are you selling them for?

If you're unfamiliar with Aquabid.com, it's an auction site...kinda like eBay for fish. So there isn't a set price that I'm asking. I've started the bidding at $5 for each of the adults and put what I figured the shipping costs would be in the details of the auctions (can't remember the exact amount off the top of my head). My user name there is the same as here (otherworldone).

The two females were actually kind of a Christmas gift from a family member who knew I was trying to get back into the hobby. The money I had in the male was actually more than what I paid for him, since I had actually paid for 4 fish from Thailand, but he was the only one to survive shipping. Anyways...

If you're unfamiliar with Aquabid.com, it's an auction site...kinda like eBay for fish. So there isn't a set price that I'm asking. I've started the bidding at $5 for each of the adults and put what I figured the shipping costs would be in the details of the auctions (can't remember the exact amount off the top of my head). My user name there is the same as here (otherworldone).

The two females were actually kind of a Christmas gift from a family member who knew I was trying to get back into the hobby. The money I had in the male was actually more than what I paid for him, since I had actually paid for 4 fish from Thailand, but he was the only one to survive shipping. Anyways...
Ohhh so pretty. :wub: Alrighty, I'll wait until the bids are almost over and see what happens. :) They are beautiful.

Okay, these guys are now exceeding the 1/4 inch mark. Apparently, I miscounted early on. It appears that the number is closer to 60, but no more than 70 (I'm sure). And I have confirmed that there is at least one DT starting to develop.

You know, I'd absolutely take them. I'd love to take them! I'm smitten with your boy :wub: AND I've raised at least 15 HM's out of 80 juvies total, which is pretty decent. I have all of the supplies and empty tanks and tons of 1.5gal jars.

However, yes, it'd be cruel to the super-sensitive babies to ship them at this age. Most people won't even do a water change with 1 week-olds, much less ship them >:[. I have heard of shipping 1 month-olds successfully. My advice is to contact your local betta society ASAP! go here - http://www.betta.org/PNWBS/ - and/or email [email protected]

If the WA Betta club is anything like the Cali club, they'll take them in an instant and they will be in the BEST of hands! Ugh, this is such a hard situation and I feel for you, I wish you and your Bettas the best of luck!!! ;0)

My advice is to contact your local betta society ASAP! go here - http://www.betta.org/PNWBS/ - and/or email [email protected]

Hmm. That link didn't work. But anyways...I've already posted this on the spawn diary...but for anyone who hasn't read it....

I've found a home for the babies with someone who is going to pick them up so I don't have to ship them. :D

I'm hoping their new mommy will continue the spawn diary (and maybe even be able to put up pics), but that's entirely up to her. In case she does, I'll try to keep it up to date until the babies leave me. Thanks everybody!

:D I am glad that things are getting better with you and your husband! I'd be willing to take a fish if you still have an opening. I live in Bellingham, WA.

The babies were passed on to their new home yesterday (Wed)....and I had been up for over 24 hours straight by the time I got back and got some sleep...so, I'm just getting some of my e-mail. I have to say I'm ready to pull my hair out. After a misunderstanding with the fishies new mommy the other night in e-mail.... NOW, I'm having trouble over some of the auctions I had posted.

All the auctions ended a week ago, and at the time I posted them I wasn't sure exactly what day I was flying out. As it turned out, I had one week after the auctions closed to receive payment and get everything shipped. This is Thursday night. Tomorrow is my last chance to ship stuff because I don't have access to a printer in order to print my own postage and mail the packages on my way to the airport. I have three buyers who haven't paid yet. One claims they paid and I simply haven't claimed the money yet, but didn't tell me what form of payment I'm supposed to be claiming. PayPal never sent me a notice and shows no record of the supposed payment...and I had put it in all my auctions that I could only accept PayPal because of the circumstances. The other two have yet to respond to my e-mail. Fortunately, two of buyers items are all things that I could manage to fit into my luggage if I HAVE to....but the whole point of selling them was to get rid of what I couldn't take with me. However, the 3rd buyer bid on live cultures that...even if I could take them with me on the plane...I'd have to take just the starter cultures due to space limitations, and they'd probably die before I ever got paid...and there's no way I'd be allowed to bring them in the house where I'm going to be staying until my husband and I can get housing together.

Aquabid's policies only state that the buyer has to contact the seller within 7 days...it doesn't say how long they have to make payment...however, the recommended course of action is to file a breach of sale to force the buyer to complete the transaction...which doesn't really help. And now I have to worry about this one person (who's being especially rude, if brief) giving me a bad rep on Aquabid that will prevent me from getting any bids whenever I DO get back into fish.

I don't know what to do. I'm at my wits end.

:-(

Speaking from years of experience with Paypal and eBay, the person saying that they paid and you just need to "claim" the payment sent their payment through Paypal but had a typo in your email address. When that happens the payment sits in limbo saying it needs to be claimed. Have that buyer check in their paypal history to see what email address they sent it to. They have to fix it from their end.

Most reactions

Back