afireinside

A Shrine To Madness
Reaction score
This is for the film that just recently came out, not the TV series.

So I went and saw it on friday, and I thought it was amazing. The CGI was great, the story was good and the planet they created to make everything take place was spectacular. I highly recommend seeing it. Anyone else have thoughts?

i hope to see it, i hope ill like it, i just need to get to the theatre then ill see it... i guess thats obvious though lol

First hour, was good, then it gets boring, it's too long, maybe if they had made it into a sequel it would have been better.
So the complete last hour and a half which contained all the action was boring? Long movies are much better imo, there's better development.

i wanted to go and see this is then new IMax in Cardiff.. not sure i will now :/
went and saw Alvin and the chipmonks 2 last night.. didnt stop laughing all the way thru.. so grab a kid and go and see it :)

I Still think naruto is better..

I Mean The "Fire Bender"? i dont understand it... I Mean :S its too confusing to me.

I Dont like the Dubbed version of naruto. But i like the Subbed.

Try'ed getting into avater. Did'nt like it at all... :crazy:

I Mean The "Fire Bender"? i dont understand it... I Mean :S its too confusing to me.

... you do realize this is about a movie that was just released that has absolutely nothing to do with the animated cartoon series, right?

I saw Avatar the day it came out and I was completely blown away. Not only were the special effects incredible, but the plotline was fantastic as well. It was most certainly for people who really care about the environment...which is why I likes it so much. Sure, it was kinda predictable, but it still left quite the impact on me.
In my opinion it was the best movie of the year.

... you do realize this is about a movie that was just released that has absolutely nothing to do with the animated cartoon series, right?
My bad :blush: thought you was on about the series xD

then just realized theres a film called avater and got mixed up.

good film, well worth going to see, 3d is very well done, did not feel long at all

I didn't see it in 3D because I wear glasses normally and wearing the 3D specs for too long annoy me. But the film was fantastic, the CGI was brilliant. It is the first long film I have seen in ages that hasn't bored me or made me think 'they could have cut this bit out'. The whole thing had great pacing and was very well written.

10/10 from me!

I decided to give this another go on friday, I really can't get on with it, not my kind of film, and It doesn't help having use of only one eye, so the 3d imaging doesn't work.

I decided to give this another go on friday, I really can't get on with it, not my kind of film, and It doesn't help having use of only one eye, so the 3d imaging doesn't work.

Yeah my Dad has that problem, he gave up on seeing 3D films a while ago.

Have you seen it in 2D though? I can imagine watching it in 3D would be annoying if it doesn't work.

As everyone has said, the CGI is awesome, though I enjoyed 'Up' in 3d much more. IMO its a good example of recent James Cameron films, all the money in the world, but very little stimulation for the viewer. I found the plot/story to be very predictable, 6.5/10, doesnt deserve the hype imo.

I recommend watch District 9, my fave film of 2009.

Most reactions

Back