Automatic Feeder

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rob5

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am going away for a few days and so i am looking to get an automatic fish feeder (so my fish sitter cannot overfeed the fish)

I have been looking at the fish mate F14 as it should just pop under my hood without having to cut any extra holes and ruin the hood

Has anybody used one of these or any info on them??

Rob5 said:
I am going away for a few days and so i am looking to get an automatic fish feeder (so my fish sitter cannot overfeed the fish)

I was ear-wigging at our LFS last week - the guy there gets some small pots and labels them up "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", etc... with the right amount & type of fish food in each pot in order to make sure his fish are not over/under fed by his neighbor.  All the neighbor does is just empty the relevant pot in!

I have auto feeders, however I would suggest a cheaper option. You say a few days..... Less than 10 days and I would say don't even worry. Fish in the wild can go for months without food, and it can actually be beneficial to their health to fast them for a few days. The other option is to measure out how much food you want them to have each day and place it in small packets(envelopes), with the dates marked on them, and gives those to your fish sitter. They can then open each packet each day and feed your fish, so they can't over feed them.
good.gif

Oops....sorry, just repeated what Sbenbow said! 
laugh.png

Thanks guys ,I will only be 4 days away.

Buying some pots or envelopes will be a cheaper option so will go down that route

Most reactions

Back