Automatic Feeder

i use both the eheim and hydor autofeeders on a daily basis.
they both work without fail.
:good:

Thanks IJAY, Ive been looking at the Hydor, but its nice to know someone that uses it sucessfully. :good:
you're welcome.
consider the eheim one if you want more flexibility.

Hi,

I recently purchased the Nutramatic X2. Dont bother I am not very impressed. It clogged within a day, I wanted to test it out first before I went away, so I set it up on my tank. Left it for the full 12 hours and it couldnt even manage the first feed properly only just managing to dispense the tiniest amount of food. The second attempt it didn't manage to get any out becuase it had all gummed up. I have heard that the ones that you can attach airlines to are good because they keep the food dry.

hope this helps,

Rich

you may attach an airline on the hydor ones while the eheim ones already has an internal mini-fan that goes on every feeding time.

I recently purchased the Nutramatic X2. Dont bother I am not very impressed. It clogged within a day, I wanted to test it out first before I went away, so I set it up on my tank. Left it for the full 12 hours and it couldnt even manage the first feed properly only just managing to dispense the tiniest amount of food. The second attempt it didn't manage to get any out becuase it had all gummed up.
I own a Hagen NutraMax2X and believe it works as promised. In my experience, the food release depends on the setting (opening) you gave it. Although I don't use it that often (since I believe fish can go without food for 5+ days), the feeder works correctly.

Went for the Eheim one in the end due to the built in fan. I will let you know how I get on when it arrives !!
Thanks for all the advice guys :good:
remember to test it before going on holiday.
and use fresh batteries.

how long is the batery life on the hydor / eheim and also do these work with catfish pellets and pleco algae tabs? + will i have to cut the lid of my tank to fit this?

If you are in Europe you can get one from LIDL which costs €10 (Euro) and works perfectly.

how long is the batery life on the hydor / eheim and also do these work with catfish pellets and pleco algae tabs? + will i have to cut the lid of my tank to fit this?

i have been using my hydor and eheim for more than 3 months now and they are still on their first set of batteries.
the eheim might be able to accomodate the pellets but may be not the tabs.
the pellets and tabs might be too big for the hydor.

Most reactions

Back