Attention Everyone!...

missigfunk

Fishaholic
Reaction score

I HAVE FRY!!!

Wooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooo!! :D :D :D :D

It's 2.30am here on January 1st 2009!!!

I came home not too long ago after celebrating the new year, and I checked on my breeding tank. I saw under the nest that there were some eggs there and I got all sad because I knew that they had spawned but the eggs musn't have been fertalised. On closer inspection, I saw some 'odd shaped eggs'. Then on even CLOSER inspection....

I SAW FRY!!!

Then my attention was turned to the rest of the tank where I saw a few little white/clear things doing whirlies everywhere! Then I looked under the nest and saw a few tails and a few fry bobbing up and down! I swear to God I started shaking and still am!! I'm just so FREAKIN happy!! :D :D :D :D

I took the female out, but left the male in because I noticed there were fry all over the place! How the hell do they end up over the other end of the bubblenest? Ahh who cares.... I HAVE FREAKIN FRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've called almost everyone I know to tell them the news, and they are all so happy for me because they know how long and how upset I've been over the last few months that my fish weren't producing fry.

I'm sorry if I seem too carried away with this, but most of you know how long I have been waiting for this day.

I knew 2009 would be a great year! I've been saying it all day!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :yahoo: :-

ok... Well done .... you are 1 third there... NOW!!!.. the challenge of raising 'em.... I'm sure you know about infusoria, brine shrimp and the likes.... Good luck and congrats! (siamese fry are amoungst the smallest of them all)

Happy new year!

Such well done! It is a great feeling isn't it :D Dead chuffed for you! I've only got one little sod left :( Been trying to photo it all day but one teeny fry in a huge tank.. well it isn't easy! Jarring him soon and in the process of conditioning Dink and my weird male.

Fingers crossed you have many healthy babies make it through the next few weeks xxx

First, congrats. I'm very happy for you. :good: :good: I'm also a bit jealous, I can't wait for my first batch of fry.

Thanks guys!

And HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!

It's 4pm here now and I can still see fry bobbing/falling from the nest. I think Francois is a bit over it now because he doesn't rush over to pick each one up lol

Do I take Francois out when all the fry are free swimming? Or should I take him out now so that he doesn't eat any fry? I haven't seen him eat any yet, only pick up a heap in his mouth and blow them back into the nest.

hey just wanna say a big fat 'Congratulations' :D

happy new year to all :)

Congrats and happy new year! What a surprise! :good: Lets hope we get them raised to adulthood, pictures needed when they get big enough of course!

Grats, that's pretty awesome :) I'm sure we'd all love to see pics of them in a couple weeks to see their development :)

I'm so happy for you - and can't wait to see pics - and WOW!
Happy New Year, indeed!

(And :hi: nezabyte!)

Edit: missigfunk - if you were celebrating properly, you might be seeing twice as many fry as there really are.
If you aren't, I'm disappointed - I was counting on you to rowdy it up for me, too..

Most reactions

Back