Astatotilapia latifasciata

Blacky

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ok i have a definate 2 males and one female as i have 4 of these not sure what the 4th one is

but the female wich i know is now i though there for a while i had all males but i saw one was looking real thin which suprised me cause the fish are feed before i am anyway i caught her in the net and she starts to spit all the babies out so thats why she is thin she hasn't been eating all the babies still had the egg sack attached so i stuck them in a breeder net but all died over night so this next time i see here thin do you think she will be alright or should i get them out of her

i neva reliased she had young or i would neva had touched her so what should i do next time this happens

there is 4 Astatotilapia latifasciata in the tanks with 2 blue morries a JD and 2 bristle nose its a 100 gal long with sump i have more tanks if needed

You've got a special fish with that Astatotilapia. Check this out.

By the time the mother releases them they should be free swimming, it sounds like she didn't follow through with it. I've never kept this fish, but many mouthbrooders don't spawn successfully their first couple of tries.

That mix with the JD sounds a little dangerous, how's it working for you?

JD is fine ive never seen a more placid fish he has his little hole and pokes his head out now and then, all the others dont seem to bother him and he keeps to him self, they are around the same size and if there is any trouble at all there more tanks i can put him in

Most reactions

Back