Assassin Snails !

TheAquariumGuy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
will an assassin snail outcompete plecos and shrimp for food.  

thanks TheAquariumGuy

No, one or two assassin snails will not outcompete plecos and shrimps.

Assassins will eat leftover foods, algae, and of course other non assassin snails. They are fond of algae wafers though, mine do anyway :lol:

Assassin snails will also eat other assassin snails. Unless mine are the only cannibal snails that dont like trumpet snails :(

star4 said:
Assassin snails will also eat other assassin snails. Unless mine are the only cannibal snails that dont like trumpet snails
sad.png

Only in very extreme cases will assassins eat other assassins.

If assassin starving, then yes, that may be possible, but even then gotta be in extreme circumstances i would have thought.

Usually they are quite happy munching on leftover foods, algae, microscopic food on plants etc and of course other species of snails.

Ch4rlie said:

Assassin snails will also eat other assassin snails. Unless mine are the only cannibal snails that dont like trumpet snails
sad.png

Only in very extreme cases will assassins eat other assassins.

If assassin starving, then yes, that may be possible, but even then gotta be in extreme circumstances i would have thought.

Usually they are quite happy munching on leftover foods, algae, microscopic food on plants etc and of course other species of snails.

I never witnessed my assassins eating each other, and I ended up at one point with about 50 of them (having started with 6), so I'd guess that there wasn't too much cannibalism going on there!

Mine would happily eat catfish wafers, when I had the big group there would be a dozen or so on the wafer, until the cories got a sniff, and the cories would go snuffling around for the wafer, and end up shoving the assassins out of the way - hilarious to watch.

Most reactions

Back