Asian Biotope

guidedbyechoes

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a spare 25 US Gal lying around and decided to move my betta into it. But I decided I would stock and plant it with the other inhabitants first. At least some. I planned on Harlequin rasbora and some various shrimp. I also want to plant it. This project is gonna be low light. So I want to know what plants can I use from that area? Also some other fish that fall into the scheme would be nice because I don't know of many.

if your going to put your betta in there then its going to be a south east asian blackwater pool, the fish could be gouramis, rasboras, loaches, glass catfish, wood with cryptocoryne, eleocharis (high light), and tiger lotus, substrate should be fine gravel, sand, or clay (i would not recomend clay). water should be acidic and very soft (ph 5.5 - 6.5, 0-4 dh).
regards
alex

if your going to put your betta in there then its going to be a south east asian blackwater pool, the fish could be gouramis, rasboras, loaches, glass catfish, wood with cryptocoryne, eleocharis (high light), and tiger lotus, substrate should be fine gravel, sand, or clay (i would not recomend clay). water should be acidic and very soft (ph 5.5 - 6.5, 0-4 dh).
regards
alex

I come from a hard water area with a ph of 7.6. My betta must have been aquacultured? I have seen the other fish in the local water thriving quite well. :blink: even tetras and they are pretty picky. No blue rams though.

Most reactions

Back