Artificial Anemones/corals

a powerhead that does how many litres to the hour ......

.54 per gallon isnt enough for really many corals at all! i dunno even if mushrooms would like it, not entirely sure on that one though ...

edid: also! how deep is the tank?
270 Gallons Per Hour.

17 Inches

In case you are also asking about my tank, it has a filter and power head that will give it about 13-14x turnover. It is 16" deep. The bulbs are only 15 watts, and I have:
1 flora-glo bulb that is 2,800 k and a pwer-glo bulb that is 18,000 k that I can use. Right now it just has the one in that came with the light strip.
I don't think these will grow anything, as it never really did when I had a planted tank... only swords, crypts and java fern/moss would go decent.

you both want 20-30x turnover for corals i belive, ive not reasearched anemomes a hell of alot never really appealed to me, but they need good flow and lighting. also i was put off my there aquarium survival rates!

both want better lighting too, get t5's there sufficent for most soft corals, and wont damage you wallet as much as halides! :)

I'm with you, Shibby... I'm not really keen on keeping any corals myself. I just wanted to find out basically if the clown fish would be ok without one. Since they have them in the wild I wasn't sure how important is was for them to have one in a tank.
I see that a few people keep them without any, so I'm good to go now.
Thanks!!

I'm with you, Shibby... I'm not really keen on keeping any corals myself. I just wanted to find out basically if the clown fish would be ok without one. Since they have them in the wild I wasn't sure how important is was for them to have one in a tank.
Thanks!!

Anemones arent corals, and corals arent anemones, completely different things.

Thanks!!

Anemones arent corals, and corals arent anemones, completely different things.
So, can you tell me how to care for them?

Josh

i cant see where anenomes were called corals, there sensitive inverts. need good lighting, flow rate and water quality they will move around untill they find a spot that suits them, not many make it alive into the aquarium but if cared for properly can live for everrr, since they show no signs of ageing. if you really want them ensure you research a specific one and see what its care levels are since theres a fair few anenomes ut there all needing different care levels!

i cant see where anenomes were called corals, there sensitive inverts. need good lighting, flow rate and water quality they will move around untill they find a spot that suits them, not many make it alive into the aquarium but if cared for properly can live for everrr, since they show no signs of ageing. if you really want them ensure you research a specific one and see what its care levels are since theres a fair few anenomes ut there all needing different care levels!
What is the easiest one to care for?

Josh

aiptasia :p

i believe bubble tips are kinda easy, beadlets also. not entrily sure soemone else will have more experiance on this one!

As long as you have the right lighting Bubble tips are very easy IMO. Also the condylactis(not sure how too spell it.) They are very easy aswell. I've never had a problem with either of those.

anemones are not easy to care fo unless there aptaisia or majono, bta and condy are the easier nems to care for, you need a mature tank at least 6+months old, t5 or metal halide lighting, good flow, and near perfect water conditions

Most reactions

Back