arrowana

yeah man forreal ..one time i put a dragon goby in a tank with an my arowana and everything seemed fine cause it would always stay under this long rock i had in the tank ..well one day i came home and checked on the tank and i couldnt find the dragon and i took a look at the arowana and the poor gobys tail was sticking out of the arowanas mouth! :-(

they get really big and if you want the gold arowana it would cost you $3000....the silver ones are cheaper(under $100) for a young one...but like everybody says they get really BIG.....

IMO fish of this size should be sold only to liscensed keepers who have the requirements to keep one at adult size. I see these being sold in PetCo and wonder how they'll find a customer who'll have a tank large enough to accomodate them.

The better LFS' in my area would only custom order one and only after explaining to the owner just how large these things get.

They really sell arow's at PetCo?

Anyway, arow's are great fish, if you have a large enough tank!

Doggfather said:
They really sell arow's at PetCo?

Anyway, arow's are great fish, if you have a large enough tank!
Yep... I've seen them at Petco and Petland. Not more than 6 inches long.

They have one at a fish store near me that is 10 months old and he is easily 24 inches and thick :blink:

Arowanas are awesome but they get to be freaking huge :blink:

My LFS had one that was probably two feet long... And you have to weigh the top of the tank down with something heavy, because in the wild they jump out of the water to catch insects... And you should probably feed them live fish...

my arrow is surprisely very tame and calm and was sold in a tankk full off white clounds the reason the arrow was in there was becasus we wanted to test the arrows aggrestion

he isnt very big about 3-4" if that he only small do you no what to feed the arrow to make him healthy becasues i read up and it says crckets and grasshoppers and frogs but obvously my arrow aint big enuff i feed it cichlid pellets

Most reactions

Back