Arrgghhh, Had To Buy A Bigger 'juvi/fry Tank

elisew

I don`t count sheep to get to sleep, I count fish
Reaction score
Well I ended up stripping one of my holding Jacobfreibergi females a couple of weeks ago (I had to release her after she`d got stuck between the glass and a rock) and the result was 31 new fry. I`ve since found 4 other fry in the weir and sump of the main tank so have removed and added them to the other 31. I also stripped one of my cyp females and had 4 new fry, unfortunately one died though. I already had some neon spot, ndumbi red top and mpanga juvis in the tank :blink:

What with the mpanga female and another neon spot female, 2 yellow lab females and a red top female all holding, I`m badly running out of room for the fry and juvis to grow on and have had to go out and buy a new 60L tank that is now up and running with 2 net hatchery tanks hanging on both sides with the new fry and cyp fry in :crazy:

I really should have had the sense to just leave the females to spit in the main tank and leave nature to do it`s thing :lol:

(So if anyone around the Poole/Bournemouth is looking for some line bred fry/juvis for their setup then I will have plenty for sale) :lol:

That's the thing when you start saving the fry you soon become overrun with them lol. Best thing to do try and sell some on make some money for foods/salts etc.. :)

simple solution hap tank :no: :good: joke
dont you have a good thing going with a maidenhead taking the fry?

I`ve contemplated selling my Tangs and using that big tank for another Malawi setup but I love the Tangs and I`m not sure I could actually get rid :unsure:

MA have taken quite a few of my juvi`s on a trade in for dry goods which was great last time but I`m not sure if they`re still taking fish in or not as they`ve just got a big shipment of cichlids in. I`ll have to give them a call soon.

Hap tank???? Me???? Erm.......nahh :lol:

Most reactions

Back