Argos

i went to our local toys r us and they dont sell sand!!!

:(

im going to have to try argos next time i need more sand !!

lol

i got mind from pets at home for abotu £22 altogether

I got 20kg of play sand for £1.98 at Tesco a few months back ( 2x 10kg @99p) think they were on offer then though and they no longer have any, though I was pleased with what I got :nod:

P@H are a nightmare the floors are littered with dead fish and there tanks are rubbish and i find it very expensive
i will never buy from it again :crazy:

There's two decent P@H's near me, Washington galleries retail park, and the one at the metro centre has just been refurbed, and I got a great deal on my new tank so I'm happy. Plants are decent at the metro centre store too, but their fish are quite pricey so I have better places to get those.

Argos play sand was fine for us. Did need to wash it though, more than I expected - it looked clean, but clouded up when you add water. After lots of rinsing in a bucket, the cloudiness disappeared. After adding to the tank, a blob of filter wool in the filter took care of the last traces. I'm so glad I took the trouble to wash it properly, as the water in the tank has been crystal clear since then, even after stirring up the substrate while cleaning.

i must admit, i got ripped of with the sand, but my plants seem in good condition so far (touch wood) and i got 3 for £5 which i thought was reasonable, and i got my bogwood/ driftwood (wot ever you want to call it, is there a difference?) for £4.88 i think or £4.98, which agin thought was a resonable offer, along with the neon 10 for £9. i think mine is ok, and is handy because the better LFS is just round the corner from the retail park with pets at home in it :D so if the good lfs doesnt have the things i want, i can pop up to pets at home and see how healthy and reasonable or there stuff is. :rolleyes:

but if the fish are all dead then ill just give them a miss, they have new tanks, new fish so so far they look good. :sick: :good:

thanks xxxx

Most reactions

Back