Argos Sand

whats the best way to clean it?
and do i need to boil it?

I cleaned mine by putting some in a bucket filling it with water stirring it until it overflowed, empty the bucket of water if you do it slowly it can be done and refilling and stirring again but less than the first time otherwise it will always look dirty. Took me 2-3 refills and my sand was totally clean and my water never clouded when I added the sand. :good:

EDIT: I did not boil mine.

Mike

I did not clean mine I filed the tank with water and put the sand in no power heads/filters running wait 30mins big water change wait 30mins so on so on.

I would advise cleaning just to be on the safe side, if you get a dodgey batch the last thing you want is a cloudy tank, I know if I didn't clean mine with the amount of sh*t that came out my tank would have not been see through! :lol:

Mike

I would advise cleaning just to be on the safe side, if you get a dodgey batch the last thing you want is a cloudy tank, I know if I didn't clean mine with the amount of sh*t that came out my tank would have not been see through! :lol:

Mike

That's why changed the water a few times.

Half fill a bucket with it, stick a hose in right to the bottom. Turn on the water and leave till the water coming over the edge is clear.

Repeat.

Easy peasy.

Most reactions

Back