Argos Play Sand

You'd put anything in your tank with out washing it? :S

best to do the rinsing in the garden or hosepipe, wouldnt advise doing it in a bath or a sink...

I did it in the bath(in a bucket obviously) with no problems at all :good:

And even if you went with another brand of sand i'd still advise washing it.

just got 2 bags put it in waiting for it to clear now

yeh like 5 times per bucket
you like it? do you have any corys. they'll love you for it. you get to see all the poo that needs cleaning up on what seems a daily basis :S depending on how much of a clean freak you are. Did you change to sand from gravel? if so did you bother to leave your gravel in for a while in a clean sock or something

had a cycled tank upstairs put gravel in there and the fish from the main tank, got no fish yet and waiting for the sand to settle still like half way now looking good tho got like a bag left lol

45-3650189A67UC331253M.jpg

Children's Play Sand 15kg Bag.

£2.89

No competition ! :drool:

I paid £15 for a 25KG bag of aquarium sand from my LFS, is the only the difference the price?

Probably. It's unlikely they both came from the same source thus it's unlikely the exact composition will be the same. For fish keeping purposes it's effectively the same stuff though.

FWIW I syphoned 75% of my 4x2x2 tank out yesterday, put another bag of [Argos] sand in and filled it back up again. Was sufficiently clear within 30 minutes of adding the water to switch on my filter. No ill effects. Plants no longer have exposed roots.

Most reactions

Back