Argos Play Sand

ev_michael

Reaction score
Okay im getting some for my (5) gallon freshwater tank, ive wanted sand, but always stuck with gravel, it seemed WAY easier to clean in the larger tank. Well decided id like a change, and was wondering if they sell this in the U.S and if they sell it at a LOWES,HOME DEOPT,etc. Id rather not buy online, and also what is the pricing for the sand. Last question, is if they have different sizes! Ive only heard they sell like 50 lb bags! I do noooot need that much for a 5 gallon haha so hopefully they sell way smaller sizes...let me know! And thanks in advance!!

Also, if they dont have smaller sizes in Argos playsand, is there anyother brands that i could use? And if that brand has smaller sizes?

Argos playsand is from a shop called argos... I doubt youd get it anywhere else. :p

Although, any play sand will do.

there are plenty of other brands mate!

you tried ebay?

carib sea sell sand; but for a 5G tank im not sure :lol:

my LFS sells sand in little bags, Pets at home. Have you tried petsmart :S?

Not sure I'd want to order sand online - I'd need to check the delivery cost didn't cost a fortune.

Always amuses me how folk will spend 5 minutes asking a question on here rather than 20 seconds on THE ACTUAL WEBSITE !!!!

45-3650189A67UC331253M.jpg

Children's Play Sand 15kg Bag. * £2.89

Always amuses me how folk will spend 5 minutes asking a question on here rather than 20 seconds on THE ACTUAL WEBSITE !!!!

45-3650189A67UC331253M.jpg

Children's Play Sand 15kg Bag. * £2.89

It always amuses me how people spend 5 mins getting people information without reading THE ORIGINAL POST!!!!

:p Hes from america dude, no argos there!

haha exactly Keithoms well like i said, i dont want to buy online, so il run into the store and checkout other playsand brands. I just thought Argos was a certain sand to use in aquariums, because thats the only brand of playsand ive heard to use. Well since it can be any playsand thatl be alot easier! Oh and yea i went to petsmart but all they had was livesand, and sand for reptiles but im not sure you can use reptile sand for aquariums.....
Well thanks everyone!

It always amuses me how people spend 5 mins getting people information without reading THE ORIGINAL POST!!!!

tongue2.gif Hes from America dude, no argos there!

Fair comment ! Thats what you get from skip reading ! :rolleyes:

Im sure the US has health and safety laws too... with that in mind ANY playsand should fit the bill, as its assumed children will eat it - it HAS to be safe and free from chemicals... just steer clear of the artificially coloured stuff :sick:

Most reactions

Back