Are They Safe?

Rover fish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi there

Im considering getting some neon blue guppy's but i already have three Black widow tetra in my tank. would this be ok or not as ive read a lot of different thoughts about the widows with other fish. they seem friendly enough but will they nip or kill guppy's if i had some?

any views positive or negative would be much appreciated.

hello mate. depends who you talk to really. i've kept them together. the advice i was giving you need at least 6 but i'd say at least 10 or if not more. you need at least a 60 cm/24 inch tank. temp around 25c or 77f. pH between 6.0 and 7.8. KH between 1.0 and 2.0 and a well planted tank, if you had all that i wouldn't see how it would be a problem. why don't ya get some rummy nose, cardinal or glowlight tetras?

hello mate. depends who you talk to really. i've kept them together. the advice i was giving you need at least 6 but i'd say at least 10 or if not more. you need at least a 60 cm/24 inch tank. temp around 25c or 77f. pH between 6.0 and 7.8. KH between 1.0 and 2.0 and a well planted tank, if you had all that i wouldn't see how it would be a problem. why don't ya get some rummy nose, cardinal or glowlight tetras?
thanks for the advice, it is very much appreciated.

I fell in love with the guppy's when i saw them because they are a perfect shade of blue and white and when i see blue and white together im like a girl seeing pink and i get all excited. :lol:

At the moment all i have in my tank is three B W tetras and one Bristlenose pleco but ive only got a 65ltr tank (aqua one) aqua mode 600 so ive got to be carefull how much i put in fish wise. I only have plastic plants but plenty of them with a couple of bog wood and soon a couple of half coconut shells.

What would you suggest knowing a little more about my setup? do you still think i would be ok with the guppy?

Most reactions

Back