Are These Guppy Girls Pregnant or Fat?

Oh wow! I thought to myself a couple of weeks ago...they sure are getting big. (They are just getting their coloring as well). And then it dawned on me holy smokes! They look pregnant! That is their Mother on my profile pic. Unfortunately she passed 2 days after she had them. :( I had only had her a couple of weeks.
I'm so sorry about the Momma guppy, mine also died while giving birth. It's quite common for that to happen because they're stressed.

If you have plenty of plants and places for them to hide it will help them deal with the stress. If they feel relaxed and safe it will go a lot easier for them. I started out with 8 guppies and in a few months I had plenty of guppy fry in my tank

If you have plenty of plants and places for them to hide it will help them deal with the stress. If they feel relaxed and safe it will go a lot easier for them. I started out with 8 guppies and in a few months I had plenty of guppy fry in my tank
Yes there are many plants in the tank for them all.

Hi Again Everyone,
Here are a couple more pics. It has been two weeks since my first post. They still look pregnant to me. What do you all think? Thanks. It's been a hard wait! Lol

Attachments

• Guppy Girls 2 4.24.jpg
    Guppy Girls 2 4.24.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Guppy Girls 4.24.jpg
    Guppy Girls 4.24.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 79
Hi Again Everyone,
Here are a couple more pics. It has been two weeks since my first post. They still look pregnant to me. What do you all think? Thanks. It's been a hard wait! Lol
Yup still pregnant:)

I've always wondered how to keep population control without removing the male guppies? Perhaps some larger fish? Is that cruel? Someone on Youtube suggested it.

I've always wondered how to keep population control without removing the male guppies? Perhaps some larger fish? Is that cruel? Someone on Youtube suggested it.
Not cruel, just the circle of life. If you have a thinly planted tank the parents may eat them too. If you want the parents to eat some, fast them for a few days

Thanks. I wonder how much longer they will go? They are "squared off" more to me on the bottom of their bellies. :)
Yes they look squared off. Soon :)

Most reactions

Back