Are these fish ok for my tank

Id keep it simple:

12-15 cardinal tetras OR black neon tetras (or similar sized warmer water tetra, avoid regular neons they like it cooler)
12-15 corydoras sterbai
1-3 centerpiece fish (if you dont mind mixing regions, id suggest 3 honey gourami as a good choice)

Id keep it simple:

12-15 cardinal tetras OR black neon tetras (or similar sized warmer water tetra, avoid regular neons they like it cooler)
12-15 corydoras sterbai
1-3 centerpiece fish (if you dont mind mixing regions, id suggest 3 honey gourami as a good choice)
Ok so in the tank as of now there is 6 black neons, 4 panda corys, 6 dwarf neon rainbows, 4 lemon tetras, 1 ruby shark 1 lemon ancistrus and a regular bn pleco. What should I do with these fish? My mum doesn't want me giving them away but I can move them if need be. What should I add?

Where do you have to move the fish?
You also have a lot of issues with GH ranges with these guys too

Where do you have to move the fish?
You also have a lot of issues with GH ranges with these guys too
I know which sucks. I know the rainbows are ok but all of the other fish dont suit the parameteres. We don't really have anywhere were I can put the other fish apart from my 12 gallon but I'm probably going to move the pandas to there. And my mum says that I can't move them because she said when I got the tank (which came with fish by the way) I can't move them. @mcordelia and @essjay have both helped a lot as well as you with your cory knowledge and even with all of this help I don't know what to do when it comes to what I can add and what I can't add. I'm really stuck:(

I wouldnt add anything more then to be honest if you can't move them to at least similar sized tank for the larger fish

You could probably just do the sterbais if you move the pandas, but that would be as far as id go, just keep the upper level fish as you have now and change it in the future to something more suitable

You could probably just do the sterbais if you move the pandas, but that would be as far as id go, just keep the upper level fish as you have now and change it in the future to something more suitable

So should I go with 6-8 if I remove the pandas

6-8 would be good yes

So if I were to breed them, should I set up a 10 gallon to put the female in and let her spawn there or should I leave her in the tank? Should I remove the female after she has spawned or will she not eat the eggs?

Which fish do you mean? With all fish except livebearers you have to move at least one male and at least one female into a spawning tank.

Which fish do you mean? With all fish except livebearers you have to move at least one male and at least one female into a spawning tank.

Would a 10 gallon be big enough for sterbai if they are in spawning condition

Most reactions

Back