Are These Cory Eggs?

guppy!

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have three albino cories that are about two centimeters long, and have noticed on two leaves that there are tiny white eggs(three on one, five on the other). the eggs look like betta eggs if thats a good way to call it. could these be cory eggs?

In such a small group I wouldnt expect breeding, due to cories being schooling fish, they dont feel as secure in smaller groups and most likely will not breed in a group of 3. what other fish do you have in the tank?
also, search up cory eggs on google images, and see if they match

the eggs are on top of the leaves and my eggbearers are red eyed tetras, harlqin rasboras, a few other tetras and cherry barbs

do they look like this
pondsnaileggs.jpg

or like this
4348975406_50827e2b78.jpg

the first ones are snail eggs, and they do not look like that. the second ones look like cory eggs and mine kinda look like that except white a white dot inside and mine are much more tiny. my snails lay the eggs in the first pic by the way :nod:

My albino corys spawned when there were only 4 of them so I doubt it the number of corys matters as long as there is a female and a male between them. The albinos seem to be different than other type of corys and don't care one bit about schooling species.
And the spawns were and are still small, like 7-10 eggs max at a time. The eggs they lay look exactly like on the second picture but way smaller. They are milky/translusent white straight after being laid and will turn beige in 24 hrs and then brown.

Most reactions

Back