Are These Both Female? Kribs

The top one defiantly looks like a female but I'm not to sure about the bottom one as I can't really see its top fins. If you could get a picture of them side on so we can see all the fins that would be great from Tom

Either a subdominant femal or a young male. I cannot tell you for sure, sorry.

I am going to say that the other one is a male but am only about 80% sure and that because his long top fin and body indicates that he's male but his tail fin looks more female like. I would say that it's a young male and that you shouldn't be expecting them to be looking after eggs anytime soon from Tom

Not expecting eggs yet. Just thought I had bought 2 then spent 48 hours looking :s lol
Thanks btw :D

Can't see the photo's for some reason If you can post those photo's on my facebook page , I can tell you which are male/female  https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/jamies.owens.5
Managed to see 4 pic on flickr a male phalloceros caudomaculatus & 3 pics of Kribensis 1st one on top of a green leaf ( male ) , 2nd one on top of a green leaf maybe same pic ( male ) ,  3rd one on top of a purple leaf ( also male )

Thanks, the 2 pics are similar. :). But they are of the krib I couldn't work out which sex. Thanks

A female and a juvenile'ish male.

Double check that the top of his dorsal fin (thin top border only) has colour (any colour) all the way tot the end. (I think it has, judging from te pics. and if so he's male). He just doesn't have his spade-tail yet.

Most reactions

Back