Are Petworx nano mega (90L) tanks suitable for saltwater?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Is a 90L (45cm x 45cm x 45cm) petworx nano mega tank suitable for saltwater use? I reads on the box that it's suitable for marine fish, but don't know if it actually is. Do I need to make changes on the tank to make it suitable for saltwater use?

I don't think you would need to change anything. If you're wondering about the tank itself and the silicone holding it together, it will be fine for saltwater. There aren't any differences in the construction of a freshwater vs saltwater tank. You can use any kind of aquarium for both fresh and salt. Many people convert old freshwater tanks to marine tanks, or vice versa.

In terms of the equipment that comes with the tank, any potential changes will depend on the needs of whatever fish or corals you would put in it.

I don't think you would need to change anything. If you're wondering about the tank itself and the silicone holding it together, it will be fine for saltwater. There aren't any differences in the construction of a freshwater vs saltwater tank. You can use any kind of aquarium for both fresh and salt. Many people convert old freshwater tanks to marine tanks, or vice versa.

In terms of the equipment that comes with the tank, any potential changes will depend on the needs of whatever fish or corals you would put in it.
Maybe, but I might put a pr of designer clownfish and some marine shrimp if it happens.

Maybe, but I might put a pr of designer clownfish and some marine shrimp if it happens.
I don't know the specific requirements for clownfish and marine shrimp, so I can't say whether the filter and light included in this tank kit are suitable for them, but I see clownfish in little nano cube tanks like this all the time, so I'm sure they'd do well in it :)

Hi @Colin_T, I need some help regarding a Petworx nano mega 90L, which is a 'suitable for marine fish' tank and is a 45cm high, wide and diameter cube, but I don't know it would be actually suitable for a pr of designer clownfish, a firefish goby and some cleaner shrimp. Do I need to make some physical changes in the tank to make it suitable for the fish, coral and shrimp? Do I need RO water for the main tank? Is it possible to make a nano saltwater tank with only internal filtration?

Hi @Colin_T, I need some help regarding a Petworx nano mega 90L, which is a 'suitable for marine fish' tank and is a 45cm high, wide and diameter cube, but I don't know it would be actually suitable for a pr of designer clownfish, a firefish goby and some cleaner shrimp. Do I need to make some physical changes in the tank to make it suitable for the fish, coral and shrimp? Do I need RO water for the main tank? Is it possible to make a nano saltwater tank with only internal filtration?
Also, @Colin_T, have you tried a Petworx tank before? I was just checking on the tank to see if it's saltwater friendly. What are good, peaceful coral for this sized (90L) 45cm cube tank?

Have you sorted out the tank "work" issues? I ask because there are two reasons I have never gone salt. Well, three. One has become nothing, as there are enough tank bred reef choices that qualm has been dealt with. Next is the price of equipment, and the third is the biggest - reef and salt tanks take a lot of attention and work, and I have never wanted to put that much time and attention into one aquarium. I keep a lot of demanding freshwater fish, but I can deal with their needs using my tapwater. Getting into salt would be a whole other game.
You can't go weeks between water changes with salt.

Have you sorted out the tank "work" issues? I ask because there are two reasons I have never gone salt. Well, three. One has become nothing, as there are enough tank bred reef choices that qualm has been dealt with. Next is the price of equipment, and the third is the biggest - reef and salt tanks take a lot of attention and work, and I have never wanted to put that much time and attention into one aquarium. I keep a lot of demanding freshwater fish, but I can deal with their needs using my tapwater. Getting into salt would be a whole other game.
You can't go weeks between water changes with salt.
I haven't got the tank yet and if I got it, I might use it as my first attempt of a marine aquarium. I would try dipping into the salty side of the hobby, but I'm more of a freshwater person who might want to try saltwater in the future. I understand the reasons why it can be difficult. People have tried nano tanks, and some succeeded.

Most reactions

Back