Are My Opalines Breeding

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

oOTOMOo

Reaction score
Hi,

I have 2 Opaline Guaramis, one i beleive to be male and 1 Female. The Male seems to be chasing the female around alot and she will usually swim away and hide. Then sometimes i see them face to face rubbing their antennas together. Are they breeding or is this normal behavoir? Also if they are breeding what can i do to help them out?

Thanks, Tom

If they are breeding, and you have yet to confirm it, add some floating plants (or a Styrofoam cup) and lower surface water movement so that the male can make his bubble nest easier. Maybe your fish will give you an early Christmas present
santa.gif

CoryFever said:
If they are breeding, and you have yet to confirm it, add some floating plants (or a Styrofoam cup) and lower surface water movement so that the male can make his bubble nest easier. Maybe your fish will give you an early Christmas present
santa.gif
 i did these things and so far nothing :(

Have you conditioned them? Condition them with fresh veggies such as lettuce or cooked peas. Also, try high protein foods such as black worms or brine shrimp. Protein increases egg production. Raise the temperature slowly, usually temperature changes can help induce spawning. The high 70's or low 80's should be where you stop. Remember, breeding fish can be fun a rewarding, but patience is key. It might take a few days to a few weeks, all I can do is give you my advice and good luck!

Most reactions

Back