Are My Fish Pregnant?

Queen oF The Gravel

Reaction score
Hi,

I have 3 zebra danios which I beleive that one of them is male and the others are female (cant be too sure though).

I have been told a way to determin the sex of a danio by the colour between the blue lines on its body (male=gold?, female = silver?), does anybody know if this is true?

The two danios that i believe are female are smaller in size and have recently (day or two) have got a bigger than normal belly, where are the third danio (that i believe is male) is more slender in shape with normal size belly.

Also the male danio seems to be chasing the other two, could this be a sign of mating? I hear that fish mate around spring, is this also true?

Any help/advice will be very appreciated,

Thanks for reading.

:)

Hi,

I have 3 zebra danios which I beleive that one of them is male and the others are female (cant be too sure though).

I have been told a way to determin the sex of a danio by the colour between the blue lines on its body (male=gold?, female = silver?), does anybody know if this is true?

The two danios that i believe are female are smaller in size and have recently (day or two) have got a bigger than normal belly, where are the third danio (that i believe is male) is more slender in shape with normal size belly.

Also the male danio seems to be chasing the other two, could this be a sign of mating? I hear that fish mate around spring, is this also true?

Any help/advice will be very appreciated,

Thanks for reading.

:)

hi right im pretty sure that fish mate all year round every 4-8 weeks or so
and also i think danios are egg layers so cant get pregnant not deffinate thou hopefully someone else with more info on danios will help you as i have not kept them myself

Danios are egg layers (scatterers actually so most eggs will get eaten), so as above not really pregnant.

Jon

I have just this minuet finished doing a water change on my tank. As i moved an orniment i noticed something under it, i pulled it out an it was what i can only discribe as very very small frog spawn. are these fish eggs and if so will i have killed them by taking them out of the water!?

thanx

Most reactions

Back