Are Ceylon Puffers Peaceful.

GAMZ

Reaction score
I have a 55 gallon tank with one violet goby, one balloon molly, and three nerite snails.  I have read online that ceylon puffer are peaceful and that they could be paired with mollies and gobies.  If they shouldn't be placed in my tank what else would be good options?  I like invertebrates, but mainly I would just like something that I could look at.  My molly and goby hide all day, so it looks like I have a tank with three small snails and nothing else.  

you should get the molly some more friends that's for sure! in my 55 I have a pair of kribs, and a pair of blue rams, a couple loaches and some guppies, and shrimp and snails. Lots of caves and plants.  I don't know about the puffer, from what I've heard there's no such thing as a peaceful puffer.

Agreed. There maybe some tolerant puffers but no 100% peaceful puffers especially for a freshwater tank.

I wouldn't risk it. Too many horror stories about puffers. This pet store I go to often has a huge freaking puffer (about as round as a soft ball, not sure on length). Not sure if someone did it on accident or how the pleco got into the tank but the puffer destroyed it. Boyfriend and I were talking about getting a freshwater puffer but we didn't want to have just one fish in the tank.

I woult risk it, green spotted puffers /Ceylon are somewhat tolerant of their other species given some room.

BelldandyShanny said:
you should get the molly some more friends that's for sure! in my 55 I have a pair of kribs, and a pair of blue rams, a couple loaches and some guppies, and shrimp and snails. Lots of caves and plants.  I don't know about the puffer, from what I've heard there's no such thing as a peaceful puffer.
Well an example of one is the amazon puffer, Totally peaceful and totally laid back

Most reactions

Back