Are Balloon Mollies...

Do you think balloon mollies are ugly?

• Yes, they are so ugly that instead of round the ankles, they put the Bungee Jumping cord round it's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, They are BEAUTIFUL FISH

• I don't know

• I dislike them, but don't hate them

• They're OK, but I don't love them.

• Total voters
Try to keep it on topic everyone. :) *Wonders how long before she'll become the hated moderator...*

I wouldn't have such a problem with them if they were more natural, not inbred to get there. It's the inbreeding and the fact that you basically bred a deformity to make it a type of fish. The swimming and balancing issues also put me off. There can be some pretty ones, don't get me wrong. I'd just never buy them.

i got a couple when i 1st got my tank set up
but have gone off them even the plain black mollies i,ve gone off them too

Sorry this was my fault, just trying to demonstrate a point.

Sam

Try to keep it on topic everyone. :) *Wonders how long before she'll become the hated moderator...*

You can't be hated Anna, your just doing your job :D

Exactly! That's what I like to think. :p

Sorry this was my fault, just trying to demonstrate a point.
It's nobody's fault, don't worry about. I'm just sticking my little note in. :)

Out of curiousity, why did you go off Black Mollies too Kaziebabes? Difficulty keeping them alive, boredom...?

If I had to pick between a balloon molly and regular, I would chose regular, the big belly doesnt do it for me, just like the bubble eyes, cottage cheesy heads, and big bellies of some of those goldfish looking things. Although I did have a head and taillite tetra with one eyes once. And I do have blind cave fish (UGLY) so I dont know.... dislike the balloons.

i have a few in my tank, they have real character and i think they are cute -_- never knew about their history though. anyone have a good link i could read up on that?

Most reactions

Back