Are All Refractometers The Same?

Truck

UKAPS
Reaction score
im currently using a hydrometer and want to make the switch.

are deltecs better than TMC or vica versa? or can i do better than both of them?

EDIT the deltec is cheaper

Tbh they are probs all made in the same factory just different names.

I have a TMC and its great, never going back to hydrometer.

i was just wondering as i can save my self a fiver on the D+D because of the LFS discount i get because thats the only one they have

i was just wondering as i can save my self a fiver on the D+D because of the LFS discount i get because thats the only one they have

Yup, there's little difference among affordable refractometers. The really expensive lab-quality ones are obviously significantly better, but any hobby level one is equivalent to another. Make sure you read the link I posted on how to porperly make your own DIY calibration solution for them to cal them at a useful salinity. Do not cal it with RO water in case the prism isn't perfect

Yup, there's little difference among affordable refractometers. The really expensive lab-quality ones are obviously significantly better, but any hobby level one is equivalent to another. Make sure you read the link I posted on how to porperly make your own DIY calibration solution for them to cal them at a useful salinity. Do not cal it with RO water in case the prism isn't perfect
is this in the pin section? thanks :good:

Most reactions

Back