Are air pumps a waste of money?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

If you have a lot of fish in a tank, the more oxygen the better. Especially if you don't have plants, because then the CO2 just stays in the tank :no:

For a quiet air pump I suggest a "silent air". It has a removable air filter built into it, very powerful and best of all---inexpensive. Highly recommended!

:fun: As long as the tank is not overcrowded, the choice is yours. (The tank should never be overcrowded!) I think it helps the overall health of the tank and the fish seem to like the bubbles, at least some do. Some of my fish play in them or sit on them. Also. bubble ornaments can add an intrest. I just don't depend on them to keep the oxygen level proper just in case of a power outage. My wife had a Betta in a community tank and he would ride the bubble stream from time to time. The pumps can be noisy, my biggest objection, but it usually doesn't bother me.

my tank is heavily planted i don't need a air-pump and also i like to have it looking natural and my plants provide all the oxygen they need, remembering fish are not as active at night therefor they don't use as much oxygen (unless they are nocturnal) i run a co2 system delivering it through carbon electronically charged i just have this set on a timer turning off 1 hour befor my lights are out to be sure the co2 is used up but for me i like the natural look the most real plants no wall paper nice terrain but each-one to there own :D

Most reactions

Back