Archer fish upside down!

The low pH and ammonia level possibly have something to do with the fish rolling over.

Keep doing big daily water changes to get the ammonia down to 0 and try to raise the pH so it's closer to 7.0.

Add 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt, sea salt, or swimming pool salt for every 20 litres of water. Keep the salt in the tank for 2 weeks.
When you do the daily water changes, add salt to the new water before adding it to the tank, so the salinity (salt level) remains stable,

Also you need to cycle your tank to get rid of Ammonia

There is a way to get rid of Ammonia (NH3) and Nitrite (NO2-) completely by cycle a tank, cycle a tank is when you put Ammonia and Nitrite down to 0 by using Nitrosomonas bacteria to "eat" Ammonia and turn them to Nitrite then another bacteria name Nitrobacter and Nitrospira will "eat" Nitrite and turn them to Nitrate (NO3-) you can speed up the process by buying those “bacteria in a bottle”.

And for the time being, do as Colin said. :)

You ammonia should be 0ppm. Are you sure you did the tests correctly?

The low pH and ammonia level possibly have something to do with the fish rolling over.

Keep doing big daily water changes to get the ammonia down to 0 and try to raise the pH so it's closer to 7.0.

Add 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt, sea salt, or swimming pool salt for every 20 litres of water. Keep the salt in the tank for 2 weeks.
When you do the daily water changes, add salt to the new water before adding it to the tank, so the salinity (salt level) remains stable,
Okay, thanks a lot. Will do that.

Also you need to cycle your tank to get rid of Ammonia

There is a way to get rid of Ammonia (NH3) and Nitrite (NO2-) completely by cycle a tank, cycle a tank is when you put Ammonia and Nitrite down to 0 by using Nitrosomonas bacteria to "eat" Ammonia and turn them to Nitrite then another bacteria name Nitrobacter and Nitrospira will "eat" Nitrite and turn them to Nitrate (NO3-) you can speed up the process by buying those “bacteria in a bottle”.

And for the time being, do as Colin said. :)
I did the nitrogen cycle in the tank before adding the fish. But thanks, I'll do keep that in mind. Maybe once the lockdown is over, I'll do it over again.

If I had a fish that looked like the one you showed and was SERIOUS about trying to save him - I would not be arguing about whether RO water was good for them or not. I would immediately be going to test my water so people could maybe help me save my fish. You decided not to do this in a timely manner. Good luck with the fish.
I'm sorry for sounding rude earlier. My apologies. I was just stressed for the little guy. Pardon me :(

I'm sure I did the test correctly. But to rule out doubt, I'll do it again. Thank you.
Ok, sounds good. Some people get all worried about their tests results, when they really shouldn’t be. Most of the time, they just did the test wrong. ;)

I'm sorry for sounding rude earlier. My apologies. I was just stressed for the little guy. Pardon me :(

Don’t be sorry, it happens!The more info you can give the better everyone can help you with finding the problem hun.I hope the little guy gets better

Guys, an update. After continuously doing 75% water changes and filter clean, the other two archers have started eating now. But no improvement in the one upside down. What should I do?

Guys, an update. After continuously doing 75% water changes and filter clean, the other two archers have started eating now. But no improvement in the one upside down. What should I do?

Have you added in the rock salt as Colin advised? If you have plants don’t be to worried it won’t kill them. I have a heavy planted tank and my do great with it! Also do you have a little breeders box that you could maybe put the little guy in so he’s a bit more safer?

Most reactions

Back