Aquarium Safe Glues/epoxies/silicones

lakeshore

Reaction score
I had the misfortune the last time me and my 4 year old were cleaning out the aquarium of breaking his two piece skull aquarium decoration. Its the kind that you connect an air source to and the top opens when the volume of air reaches capacity.
It snapped at the hinge, and I really want to fix it. I am not buying another one.
What options do I have as far as epoxys/glues that will do the trick.
Freshwater tropical aquarium 20 gal tall, only living thing in it is an Electric Blue Lobster right now.

Thanks

Aquarium silicone would be fine, but not sure if it would stick a hinge together. :unsure:

make sure it is fully cured outside of the tank before it goes back in. Takes about 3 days i think.

I am using All purpose 100 percent "GE Silicone I" from Home Depot. It was cheap, and I am curing my stuff as we speak. I have also used Gorilla Glue for a crack in a tank, and that too, did the job. You can use any silicone, just make sure it is 100 percent, and doesn't have any additives.

Does anyone use the DAP brand? Is it the same as GE 1 window & door?

Does anyone use the DAP brand? Is it the same as GE 1 window & door?

Dont Know...you could use something from the hardware store/home center ... but when it kills all your fish then what?
why not use something from a LFS or online fish site thats labled "Fish Safe"

Most reactions

Back